"GPRS/EGPRS Technology" is an intermediate technical course, which covers all aspects of packet-switched data transmission in GSM network. It is useful for those who operate, maintain and develop the GPRS subnetwork.
The course is intended for technical GSM/GPRS staff and their management.
- Data and fax transmission services in GSM network
- GSM/GPRS network architecture
(new GPRS network nodes and changes to the existing GSM nodes),
- GPRS network interfaces based on IP protocol, SS No. 7 and Frame Relay
- Use of GPRS network
(subscriber's equipment, GPRS attach and PDP context activation procedures),
- Air interface
(physical and logical GPRS channels, access to common channels shared by several subscribers, location update procedures).
- Increased efficiency of GSM as a result of GPRS introduction
- Quality of service, charging and international roaming
- EDGE/EGPRS technology
The participants should have attended one of the following courses for better understanding "GSM Technology" or have the equivalent knowledge on GSM networks.
Lectures, presentation of services and theoretical exercises.